Save smartly now. Relax later.
The key to a comfortable retirement is to start saving years before you say goodbye to the working world. Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs), anchored by our dependable CDs, will help to prepare you for your future.
- Fixed-rate CDs ranging from 3 - 71 months
- Variable-rate CDs of 12 - 18 month term
- Receive tax benefits by making CDs part of a Traditional or Roth IRA
- Are you a Freedom Platinum® Checking account holder? Get exclusive access to premium interest rates on Freedom Platinum CDs
- Our money fund can also be part of your retirement portfolio
- Monitor your savings growth with free Online Banking and Mobile Banking
- Contact us or visit a branch location to learn more.
Middlesex is a full-service bank serving individuals, families and business owners throughout Massachusetts.
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) offer different kinds of tax advantages, so it’s important to understand how each works. Whichever option you choose, your Middlesex Savings Bank account is fully insured and earns a competitive interest rate.
- Roth IRA: The money you deposit has already been taxed. Over the years, your earnings grow tax-free and your withdrawals are tax-free.
- Traditional IRA: You make contributions with money you may be able to deduct on your annual tax return. Your earnings grow tax-free, but you pay taxes when you make withdrawals.
- SEP IRA Plan: A Simplified Employee Pension IRA is a type of traditional IRA that lets self-employed people and small business owners save for retirement. The tax benefits and responsibilities are similar to those of Traditional IRAs.