Committed to Supporting our Customers and Communities
During this challenging and uncertain time, our goal at Middlesex is to provide the high level of service and support that we have delivered for the past 185 years. We know this current situation is not only impacting your everyday lives, it’s also putting an economic strain on many of our business and consumer customers; some of this strain is immediate and some will likely continue into the future.
To support our business customers we have been proactively reaching out to understand each specific situation. We have also spoken with many residential mortgage customers who are experiencing an immediate and material economic impact. Whether you are an individual or a business, Middlesex is committed to being right there with our customers during this challenging time.
On top of our own financial strength, all deposits continue to be fully insured by both the FDIC
(covers up to first $250,000 per depositor) and the Depositors Insurance Fund (DIF)
, which covers anything in excess of the FDIC insurance.
By choosing us as your bank, for your business and your household, you have helped us get to where we are today. Many of you have been with us for decades and in some cases, your entire lives. As a non-public, mutually owned bank, we have always tried to take the long-term view. We did that during the financial crisis of 2008 and we will do that now. Our intention is to help our customers the best we can through this challenging period.
Branch Availability Update
While we continue to put the health of everyone – our customers and colleagues – first, we are implementing temporary changes that impact branch access and face-to-face availability with our staff. Effective March 18th
, we will serve customers at our branches via drive-thru service only. Locations without drive-thru service will close until further notice. Should you need access to your safe deposit box, please contact the branch at which your box is located. All ATMs and Night Drops will also continue to be available.
Framingham, Route 9
Maynard, Powder Mill
Branch Locations with Drive-Thru Service Only
Branch Locations Closed Until Further Notice
Maynard, Nason Street
Middlesex Savings Bank has been monitoring the official information and taking actions to respond to the rapidly evolving public health situation. As always, the health, safety and well-being of our customers, employees and community are our top priority. There is new information each day and we are all reliant upon the experts to update the public in real time.
The purpose of this update is to provide you with information and resources you may find helpful as we all navigate through this difficult and uncertain time. Please be assured that Middlesex is focusing all of its efforts on supporting you, our employees and our community through this situation, whether it be short-term or more prolonged.
We hope you find the following information helpful.
Reliable Sources for Information
It is important to pay heed to official and well-supported sources. Here are some resources for your reference:
Convenient Ways to Conduct Your Banking from Home or Office
Middlesex offers alternative banking solutions for those that wish to avoid public places or cannot visit us in person during this time.
There are many alternatives to in-person banking:
- Our Online and Mobile Banking services are available 24/7, allowing you to perform many banking transactions, including depositing checks, moving money between accounts, checking your balance, reviewing account activity, paying bills and more.
- To enroll in Personal Online and Mobile Banking services, please visit this link.
- To enroll in Business Online Banking and Mobile services, please visit this link. If you are currently a Business Online Banking customer and need to add additional accounts or modify current users, please visit this link to complete the Online Banking Modification form.
- Our Information Center is available to assist with your banking needs or questions you may have via phone at 1-877-463-6287 or via email at email@example.com. As a reminder, please do not include sensitive account or personal information in an email.
Precautionary Steps We Are Taking
Middlesex has measures in place to support continued operations during unusual events such as this and we are taking measures to enhance these as circumstances warrant. We are consistently monitoring staffing levels throughout all areas of the Bank to ensure we maintain our service levels and to prevent any disruptions in service due to health reasons.
We have taken the following precautionary measures that are consistent with those recommended by the CDC:
- We began our drive-through only service last week. It was a necessary step to help minimize the spread of the virus and protect the health of our employees, customers, and their family members. In talking with our colleagues, we think the new system is working well and customers are receiving the service they need.
- As many of you are likely doing, we are also having many of our other colleagues work remotely, if possible. While our goal is to have the Bank function normally, certain positions may be less responsive than normal within this new business environment. We are always committed to helping, but if we take slightly longer to reply to an inquiry, we ask that you bear with us.
- In order to help prevent the spread of any illness to customers or the public, Middlesex employees who are feeling ill or exhibiting symptoms of illness (including respiratory illness or fever), or have a family member who is ill, are directed to stay home. We will also be following the guidance of the Massachusetts Department of Health regarding the removal of any employees from the workplace and having them self-quarantine should they become exposed to the virus.
- In accordance with CDC guidance, we are asking that anyone who is experiencing a fever or respiratory illness or those that have recently returned from CDC Level 3 or Level 2 countries postpone their visit to any Middlesex branch or facility for the appropriate amount of time. Adherence to this guidance will help minimize the potential spread of the virus while protecting our colleagues and other Middlesex customers.
- Hand sanitizer is available for use at all Middlesex branches and other locations. Additionally, our colleagues are wiping down surfaces regularly to mitigate the spread of germs.
Beware of Scams
Unfortunately, fraudsters are opportunists and often take advantage of events such as these. Be vigilant if you receive something that seems out of the ordinary. Below is a link to the Federal Trade Commission’s site with specific coronavirus-related scammer information.
We will continue to monitor developments around COVID-19 and provide updates as necessary. As always, we are committed to serving as your trusted financial partner and we thank you for the trust you have placed in us.