Committed to Supporting our Customers and Communities
During this challenging and uncertain time, our goal at Middlesex is to provide the high level of service and support that we have delivered for the past 186 years.
Over the past year, Middlesex Savings Bank has been monitoring the official information and taking actions to respond to the rapidly evolving public health situation. As always, the health, safety and well-being of our customers, employees and community are our top priority.
We will continue to monitor developments around COVID-19 and provide the below updates as necessary. As always, we are committed to serving as your trusted financial partner and we thank you for the trust you have placed in us.
American Rescue Plan Act of 2021
A third round of Economic Impact Payments (EIP) – also called stimulus payments – to be paid to eligible Americans.
2021 Economic Impact Payments
The IRS reminds taxpayers that the payments are automatic, and they should not contact their financial institutions or the IRS with payment timing questions.
For more information, please visit the IRS website.
This stimulus package offers assistance for American workers and families and small businesses impacted by COVID-19. For more information on the CARES Act, please visit the U.S. Department of the Treasury's website.
Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act)
The SBA is launching a new round of Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Advances, called Targeted EIDL Advances, to eligible businesses. This includes sole proprietors, independent contractors, and nonprofit organizations.
Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL)
- Eligible businesses must be located in a low-income community (as defined in section 45D(e) of the IRS code), have suffered economic loss > 30% (as defined by the SBA’s guidelines), and have 300 or fewer employees.
- The first recipients of the Targeted EIDL Advance will be businesses that previously received an EIDL Advance of less than $10,000. The SBA will also be making Targeted EIDL Advances to businesses that did not previously receive an EIDL Advance.
- The combined amount of the Targeted EIDL Advance and any previously received Advance will not exceed $10,000.
For more information, please visit the SBA's website.
For small businesses, the Paycheck Protection Program provides federally guaranteed loans. Learn more here.
Paycheck Protection Program
Economic Impact PaymentsA provision of the CARES Act includes Economic Impact Payments (EIP) – also called stimulus payments – to be paid to eligible Americans. For more information, please visit the IRS website.
Effective November 30, 2020, all Middlesex Savings Bank branch locations' lobby and drive-up hours have changed.
We are open and ready to greet you with the friendly and efficient service you've come to expect from us. In order to keep all customers and employees safe, please note the following:
Branch lobby hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Drive-up hours (where applicable):
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
For individual branch hours, please visit our locations page. All branch locations except for the West Acton, Concord, West Concord, Hopkinton, Maynard - Nason Street, Needham, and Wellesley have drive-thru service available. Many services that previously required coming into the branch can now be performed through the drive-up. Customers can still request appointments at a branch for things such as accessing a safe deposit box. Call your branch to schedule a banking appointment outside of branch lobby hours.
- Upon arriving, the entrance to the branch will be locked and you will be met by a greeter. The greeter will ensure that there is a limited number of people in the branch at any one time. The greeter may ask you to temporarily remove your mask and show ID before entering.
- Branches with two entrances have only one available entrance, which is the handicap accessible entrance. For most, but not all branches, this will be the front door.
- Doors to ATM vestibules are unlocked between the hours of 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- In accordance with Public Health Guidance, we ask that anyone entering the lobby wear a mask or face covering, unless unable to do so due to a medical condition.
- Plexiglas dividers are installed at every transaction location.
- There are markers on the lobby floor to assist with social distancing.
- Branches are cleaned daily by a professional cleaning service and commonly-used surfaces continue to be cleaned regularly.
- Hand sanitizer is available for use at all branches.
- For the safety of our employees and other customers, we ask that customers refrain from entering our branch offices if any of the following apply:
- You or someone in your household is being observed for or has COVID-19 (Coronavirus) or
- You or someone in your household is experiencing or has in the last 14 days any COVID-19 symptoms as identified by the CDC (runny nose, sore throat, fever of 100.4 or more).
- Self-service coin machines are not available for customer use. If a customer brings coins to the bank, the coins will be given to a branch staff member who will run them through the coin machine after-hours.
Unfortunately, fraudsters are opportunists and often take advantage of events such as these. Be vigilant if you receive something that seems out of the ordinary. Please visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website for more information on COVID-19 scam resources.
With many states across the country reporting evidence of fraudulent unemployment claims, the Department of Unemployment Assistance (DUA) has recently reported a large number of fraudulent claims in Massachusetts. If you have received a notification of unemployment benefits from the DUA that you did not apply for or see automatic unemployment deposits into your bank account, please contact your employer and notify the state at mass.gov/unemployment-fraud or call (877) 626-6800.
Fraudulent Unemployment Claims
Please be aware of these additional recommended steps after reporting the fraudulent claim to the DUA:
- Do not respond to the letter or email using any contact information included directly on the notification, as the notification letter itself could be fraudulent, and may not have come from the state. There is a “fraud reporting form” included on the mass.gov website that you will need to complete.
- Closely monitor your bank account activity and immediately report any fraudulent activity to us by contacting our customer information center at 1-877-463-6287.
- Sign up for credit monitoring services and/or lock your credit.
- Notify the Social Security Administration that you have been the victim of identity theft and your Social Security Number has been compromised.
As a reminder, please be wary of quick-money job offers found online, received by text or email.
Middlesex offers alternative banking solutions for those that wish to avoid public places or cannot visit us in person during this time.
There are many alternatives to in-person banking:
- Our Online and Mobile Banking services are available 24/7, allowing you to perform many banking transactions, including depositing checks, moving money between accounts, checking your balance, reviewing account activity, paying bills and more.
- To enroll in Personal Online and Mobile Banking services, please visit this link.
- To enroll in Business Online Banking and Mobile services, please visit this link. To begin using Business eDeposit, please complete the Business eDeposit enrollment form.
- If you are currently a Business Online Banking customer and need to add additional accounts or modify current users, please visit this link to complete the Online Banking Modification form.
- Our Information Center is available to assist with your banking needs or questions you may have via phone at 1-877-463-6287 or via email at email@example.com. As a reminder, please do not include sensitive account or personal information in an email.
Through the Middlesex Savings Charitable Foundation, in late March 2020 we made a $1 million commitment to funding COVID-19 related relief for non-profits in our local community and have since distributed funds. Read more here.
If you’re having trouble making your mortgage payment due to a COVID-19 related hardship, please contact our Mortgage Center by phone at 1-877-672-7654. We are experiencing high call volume and ask that you leave a message with your name, phone number and details about your situation. We will do our best to contact you as soon as possible.
Middlesex has measures in place to support continued operations during unusual events such as this and we are taking measures to enhance these as circumstances warrant. We are consistently monitoring staffing levels throughout all areas of the Bank to ensure we maintain our service levels and to prevent any disruptions in service due to health reasons.
We have taken the following precautionary measures that are consistent with those recommended by the CDC:
- As many of you are likely doing, we continue to have many of our other colleagues work remotely, if possible.
- While our goal is to have the Bank function normally, certain positions may be less responsive than normal within this new business environment. We are always committed to helping, but if we take slightly longer to reply to an inquiry, we ask that you bear with us.
- In order to help prevent the spread of any illness to customers or the public, Middlesex employees who are feeling ill or exhibiting symptoms of illness (including respiratory illness or fever), or have a family member who is ill, are directed to stay home. We will also be following the guidance of the Massachusetts Department of Health regarding the removal of any employees from the workplace and having them self-quarantine should they become exposed to the virus.
- In accordance with CDC guidance, we are asking that anyone who is experiencing a fever or respiratory illness or those that have recently returned from CDC Level 3 or Level 2 countries postpone their visit to any Middlesex branch or facility for the appropriate amount of time. Adherence to this guidance will help minimize the potential spread of the virus while protecting our colleagues and other Middlesex customers.
- Hand sanitizer is available for use at all Middlesex branches and other locations. Additionally, our colleagues are wiping down surfaces regularly to mitigate the spread of germs.