2021 PPP Loan Forgiveness InformationDate: 3/22/2022
Middlesex Savings Bank is committed to supporting you and helping you prepare for forgiveness of your 2021 SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan.
We are aware that the SBA has launched an online PPP forgiveness request platform for borrowers with loans of $150,000 or less, allowing borrowers to apply directly to the SBA for forgiveness.
Middlesex currently offers a portal, and is accepting 2021 PPP loan forgiveness applications, for its 2021 PPP borrowers. At this time, 2021 PPP borrowers must continue to apply for forgiveness through this portal.
Please see below for important details and action needed to initiate a loan forgiveness application.
Please be aware that some information pertaining to your PPP loan is available to the public. Middlesex Savings Bank is not affiliated with third parties who may use this information as the basis for solicitation.
Accessing the application portal:
- In order to apply for forgiveness, the primary contact for your 2021 PPP application received an email from Middlesex Savings Bank at firstname.lastname@example.org on the morning of June 15 with a link to the forgiveness portal login page.
- Once you complete a first-time log in, you may access the portal as frequently as you need to complete your application. Please note you must apply for forgiveness within 10 months of the end of the covered period you’ve selected or you’ll be required to start making loan payments.
- If you did not log in to the portal within 72 hours upon receiving the email, you will need to request access from Middlesex Savings Bank directly by emailing PPPApplicationSupport@middlesexbank.com.
- Paper submissions will not be accepted.
- You will use the same login credentials that you used for the 2021 PPP application portal. Your user name is the email used for your origination application. For your convenience, the portal will be pre-populated with your 2021 PPP MSB and SBA loan numbers.
- The individual from your business who submits the loan forgiveness application must be the same person who submitted the original PPP loan application.
- Recent federal legislation regarding loan forgiveness includes a simplified forgiveness process for borrowers with loans up to $150,000 and expanded expenses that are eligible for forgiveness. For PPP loan amounts of $150,000 or less, the portal will direct you to the 3508S forgiveness application.
- For First or Second Draw 2021 PPP loan amounts exceeding $150,000, based on your business’s circumstances, you will submit either the 3508EZ or standard 3508 forgiveness application and appropriate supporting documentation.
- You may review the SBA’s PPP Loan Forgiveness Applications below. Please note that these applications are for reference only and are subject to change with any revisions passed by Congress. You may use them to gather the supporting documentation outlined in the applications but please do not fill them out.