2021 PPP Loan Forgiveness InformationDate: 6/21/2021
Middlesex Savings Bank is committed to supporting you and helping you prepare for forgiveness of your 2021 SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan.
We are currently accepting PPP loan forgiveness applications. Please see below for important details and action needed to initiate a loan forgiveness application.
Accessing the application portal:
- In order to apply for forgiveness, the primary contact for your 2021 PPP application received an email from Middlesex Savings Bank at firstname.lastname@example.org on the morning of June 15 with a link to the forgiveness portal login page.
- Even if you do not intend to submit a forgiveness application at that time, you must log in to the forgiveness portal within 72 hours upon receipt of the email, as the link will expire after 72 hours. Once you complete a first-time log in, you may access the portal as frequently as you need to complete your application. Please note you must apply for forgiveness within 10 months of the end of the covered period you’ve selected or you’ll be required to start making loan payments.
- If you did not log in to the portal within 72 hours upon receiving the email, you will need to request access from Middlesex Savings Bank directly by emailing PPPApplicationSupport@middlesexbank.com.
- Paper submissions will not be accepted.
- You will use the same login credentials that you used for the 2021 PPP application portal. Your user name is the email used for your origination application. For your convenience, the portal will be pre-populated with your 2021 PPP MSB and SBA loan numbers.
- The individual from your business who submits the loan forgiveness application must be the same person who submitted the original PPP loan application.
- Recent federal legislation regarding loan forgiveness includes a simplified forgiveness process for borrowers with loans up to $150,000 and expanded expenses that are eligible for forgiveness. For Second Draw PPP loan amounts of $150,000 or less, the portal will direct you to the 3508S forgiveness application. You must submit signed financial documents evidencing the stipulated 25% revenue reduction. The SBA does not require submission of any further documentation.
- For First or Second Draw 2021 PPP loan amounts exceeding $150,000, based on your business’s circumstances, you will submit either the 3508EZ or standard 3508 forgiveness application and appropriate supporting documentation.
- You may review the SBA’s PPP Loan Forgiveness Applications below. Please note that these applications are for reference only and are subject to change with any revisions passed by Congress. You may use them to gather the supporting documentation outlined in the applications but please do not fill them out.